Farel is soo good.
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
"The future is gold". J’adore Dior, the new film, starring Charlize Theron.
The Circus Dictionary is a database of circus moves from various disciplines, including contortion, acro balance, juggling and more. The site provides short video clips demonstrating how to do each move as well, which is pretty cool. I thought I’d share it because I’m sure some people might find it useful for learning how to do new moves and tricks, and it might also be useful as a reference for artists and writers out there, too!
there’s a “photo” going around of Emma Watson wearing a dress that is see-through at the top, showing her breasts, and because apparently literally nobody has any common sense, most people are assuming that it’s real and are reblogging it.
i get that the way it’s being framed on tumblr is as a woman taking back her right to her body and her sexuality and making a choice after 4chan threatened to release nude photos, but in reality it’s literally the opposite. it’s something some gross sweaty misogynistic asshole made in photoshop with the intent of humiliating and violating her. please don’t reblog it, don’t contribute to it, and if you see people reblogging it, let them know.
Darren Wilson is still free and still on paid administrative leave.
I still can’t believe she’s 11.
THAT’S SO PRECIOUS
i think this could be useful for the people who is not totally sure about spend their money in this movie, it has their good and bad points, but generally is a great movie, so please, let’s show them that “An Hispanic story” can be as good as any other one, or even better!.
This is perfect! I had no idea they wanted to do a trilogy
GO SEE IT GUYS! WE CAN DO THIS <3
reblog cus all the reasons here, the engish pop-songs were over the top but overall GREAT MOVIE